Monday, August 1, 2011

A year later

Though it is VERY hard for me to believe, it was one year ago today that God put me before a little church in Louisville, MS and asked me to shepherd them - all while asking them to trust a young man with little ministry experience. The road that my family and I took to get to that fateful day was filled with twists and turns, some exciting and some that seemed, at the time, defeating. And yet - there was God, all the time, leading and directing, encouraging and protecting.

I look back at the days that led up to August 1, 2010 and smile now. Isn't that how faith always works? In the midst of it, you struggle and waver - you wonder if God really is doing and saying the things you see and hear Him saying and doing. In the storm, you strain to see the mighty hand of He who guides you... and yet, in hindsight it is almost overwhelming to realize how present He was in all things. It's humbling. It's miraculous.

Today is the one year anniversary of one of the most powerful, most profound, and most encouraging days of my entire life. It's the day that my church and I said "Yes" to the plans of God. It's the day that I was affirmed in the eyes of a church family that I hardly knew and the day that they were joined with me in walking the beautiful path that the Almighty had laid before us. And as I look back over those 365 days, I can't help but, again, stand in awe of the leadership of God.

Thank you East Louisville! I look forward to the coming years with great anticipation. Just imagine all the wonderful things that God has in store for us!! Here's to 40 more anniversaries, just like this one.

"Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know."
Jeremiah 33:3

No comments:

Post a Comment