Sunday, March 6, 2011

Things that can't be bought

The other day we stopped at the gas station so Dad could get out and fill up Mom's car with gas. Sort of a normal thing, right?

Once I was finished, I closed up the gas tank, got my receipt, and proceeded to get back in the car. Through the window in the door I could see Becky smiling at me with this great big smile. It was one of those "you're going to really like this" sort of smiles. Like the kind of smile when you get a present, or someone brings you breakfast in bed.
As I entered the car, I heard my twins in the back, running their mouths - which is a normal, everyday thing. But, as my ears adjusted themselves to the interior of the car I began to understand what they were saying... the most beautiful thing I've almost ever heard. We came home and I asked them if I could record it - and here it is.




Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:28-31

Blessings are never hard to find - and sometimes you just luck up and trip on one. These two blessed Daddy more than they'll ever understand... or at least until they have a little one who does the same for them.

The best thing? They are telling the truth! God will renew those who wait upon Him and put their trust in Him alone. I hope you find yourself in that position - resting in His faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment